Clearly, the Covid-19 pandemic has been a hugely disruptive factor in everyone’s lives for the past three years or so. At KF HQ, we’ve cancelled three events and we are keen for this one to go ahead in a positive and safe manner.
Will you be requiring proof of Covid-19 vaccination at KinkFest?
We recognise that, under current vaccination policy, a large proportion of our attendees may not have had a jab for almost two years by the time of KinkFest 2023 and that the existing data is unclear as to how long the vaccinations remain effective. Therefore, we will not be requiring proof of vaccination to attend KinkFest 2023.
However, it is also important to us that our attendees, venue staff, and ourselves feel as safe as possible at KinkFest. Therefore, we have set out some brief guidelines to help try to keep everyone safe and healthy.
KinkFest 2023 Covid-19 Guidelines
- Please do not attend KinkFest if you have recently tested positive or have symptoms of Covid-19.
- We won’t be checking, but please try to take a Lateral Flow Test (LFT) in the 24 hours before the event and do not attend if it’s positive. We will endeavour to have a few LFT tests available at the venue, but please try to do this before arriving.
- Face masks are not compulsory but you are welcome to wear one if you wish. Please accept other attendees’ choices – bullying and harassment about masking choices will not be tolerated.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided around the venue and you are also welcome to bring your own. Please clean your hands regularly, especially before eating from the shared buffet.
- Please wipe down any dungeon equipment with antibacterial spray after you have finished using it. Cleaning supplies will be provided.
- People have different comfort levels around close physical contact. Please be extra diligent about asking for consent before touching another attendee in any way.
- If the weather allows for it, we will have doors open during the event to allow air to flow through the venue. Please note that spaces without outside doors may have limited airflow.
- If you are vehemently of the opinion that Covid-19 is not real or that vaccines and/or Covid-19 are some kind of government conspiracy then this is probably not the event for you.
We also acknowledge that the legal and informational status of this situation may change between now and KinkFest 2023. In this event, we will amend our policy accordingly to align with current legislation and the Covid-19 landscape.